FOUR UNIVERSAL SAFETY RULES
- Treat all guns as though they are ALWAYS LOADED, and always perform a clearance check every time you pick one up.
- Never point your weapon at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger OFF THE TRIGGER and outside the trigger guard until you are on target and have made the decision to shoot.
- Always be sure of your target and beyond.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- Educate others on the 4 safety rules.
- Know how to operate your firearm. No shame in asking somebody.
- Never depend on safeties. Mechanical devices do fail.
- Know how to clear your firearm.
- When handing your firearm to others make sure the action is clear and the slide is locked back.
- Use only correct ammunition for your firearm.
- Never use drugs (even prescription) or alcohol prior to handling firearms.
- Removing the magazine from a semiautomatic gun will not remove the round from the chamber.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before firing.
- Never shoot at a hard flat surface or water cause the bullet can ricochet.
- Store guns and ammunition in a cool dry place.
Be sure to wear safety glasses and hearing protection. Be aware of others around you. Know and observe the Range rules. Uncase your firearm at the firing line. Never step in front of the firing line Always follow your FOUR SAFETY RULES so you can enjoy your firearms for many years to come!