Practical Pistol Skills – Level I:
Course Length: Approx. 5-6 hours
Course Fee: $100 – See Upcoming Courses for a course near you.
Requirements: 21 years of age
Training: The Practical Pistol Skills – Level I course has no prerequisites, but it is recommended that you’ve had either carry permit training or some prior handgun experience. The course is an introduction to combative pistol skills for the concealed carry permit holder. The LEVEL I course is geared towards the armed citizen and is not military-style training. We strive to make the class not only exceptionally informative and easy to absorb, but also to be friendlier for those with limited experience.
- Handgun Operation Basics
- Self-Defense Mindset
- Drawing your firearm from concealment
- Defensive shooting concepts
- Malfunction clearing
- Deliberate, repetitive training to build positive habits
- Dry weapons training
- Q & A session
What to Bring to class:
- You MUST arrive AT LEAST 15 min PRIOR to the course start time.
- Your carry gun with 250 rounds of ammo
- A minimum of 3 magazines for your gun and preferably a magazine carrier
- A GOOD holster for your carry gun (please avoid nylon or cheap holsters)
- Course Fee (or your receipt if you prepaid online)
- Appropriate dress for the weather (we train rain or shine)
- A positive attitude and intent to learn
RENTALS ARE AVAILABLE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FIREARM/GEAR REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE.